here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, July 2, 2012

studio 490 #1 reveal & a tutorial...

before we head on to the new goodies...
I wanted to share, a tutorial that I did for Ranger...

it's called 
"perfectly double stamped backgrounds" 
and it uses 2 of my favorite products...

the technique is fun, because it uses the 
Perfect Pearls Mist in a unique way...

combined with the secret ingredient...
one we all have...

WATER!

you can see the scoop here...
give it a try...
it's fun...

ok...first of the 10 new stamp sets...
this is called...

TALES OF ART...

it's a little sweet, a little sassy...
and a little funky too...

click for a larger photo...



I LOVE this face!
and she is an art part too...

the sayings on this set are...

DRAMA QUEEN IN TRAINING...
this is a little funky...
I have a few friends in mind for this one...
lol...

THE FOUNDATION OF THE HOME
 IS LOVE...
a little sweet...

LET'S MAKE THIS SIMPLE 
& ASSUME I'M RIGHT...
a little sassy!
I *think* I *may* have said this a time or 12...

OH THE TALES SHE COULD TELL...
I did something REALLY fun with this one...
it uses some new Blossom Bucket goodies, so I can't show it yet...

I INTEND TO GROW OLD GRACEFULLY, 
BUT PROBABLY NOT TODAY...
LOTS of funky possibilities...

and at the bottom of the storage sheet is a nice sized background stamp...
it's a vintage 25 cent coupon for 
THE BELMONT RESTAURANT...
there are lots of words that can be used individually too...

back to the face...

she's stamped on the coordinating art part, then clear embossed & her hair is inked with tim's brushed corduroy marker...

my Blossom Bucket mini lips are a perfect fit...

I used barn door distress ink on the craft nib to add a bit of blush...
and another nib to add some eyeshadow with broken china...

Rick named her Betty...


and here's a peek @ Betty,

this style of the mini glasses fit her too...

the reading glasses look cool upside down & embellished with black soot distress stickles...



next up...

first of the 19 new Blossom Bucket trinkets...
it's a
PLACE SETTING...

I adore these...

they are perfect fit for
  THE BELMONT RESTAURANT stamp...

all our old family photos seem to have been taken in the kitchen...
so I thought they would be fun for scrapbookers & for collages...

all 3 pieces have completely flat backs, making them simple to glue...

I'm using them as knobs on mini books...
won't a recipe book be fun?

or on an invite to lunch...

and I also used them as arms & legs...
yes...out of the box,
but really fun...
they worked well...

need a spoon for the
I got it covered...

they look like tarnished sterling, but all the Blossom Bucket pieces are resin...
the fork is 3 1/4 inches long...

here's #1...
PLACE SETTING...


the photo below shows that
I'm totally back to basics & LOVIN' clear embossing...

here's a section of the art parts 5 panel frame
with the saying embossed...
making it so easy to color LOVE with the black soot distress marker...

and I used just the fork to accent this art...


ok...
I was "sleepless in Oglesby"...
up early to show you my first new babies...

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts...
in the meantime,
 it's back to the studio to...

make art!
wendy

PS ...don't forget to pop over to Ranger & try stamping with Perfect Pearls mist...

see you tomorrow for day #2...


34 comments:

Janet said...

Wow--love that stamp set but the cutlery really caught my attention. I can see a canvas or two i my future using those pieces of cutlery. Double wow!

Gabrielle said...

Oh! I love Betty - she is just gorgeous! Wondering if, combined with the cutlery that makes her a 'dish'?!!! Tee hee! I amused myself there! Fab reveal Wendy - wonder what's next?!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Looks to be some fab goodies onthe way..the cutleryis amazing! Trace x

Helen said...

Love Betty - she has a very 1940's feel to her... Also liking the cutlery set. Fancy you, who doesn't cook, designing cutlery embellishments..... !! Can't wait to see day 2.

sue said...

How fun you have out done yourself again!

sue said...

How fun you have out done yourself again!

Julie S said...

Lovin' the whole batch!

Miriam said...

Wow Wendy!!! Love them!!

Ann said...

Love the new stamp set! Betty reminds me a bit of a lady head vase. Love her look. Can't wait to see more!

SusanK said...

Betty looks like she's keepin' her cool in all this IL heat. No sweaty Betty! The new BB pieces are divine and to hear that more art parts coordinate with your stamps is great news.

Heidi said...

Betty is of course to die for. The fact that she has a coordinating art part is just icing on the cake. If the other new stamp sets are anything compared to this one...all I can say is Oh Boy....

Hels Sheridan said...

Betty needs to come and live here, she looks like a domestic goddess! Love those ickle cutlery bits, how CUTE! Can't wait til tomorrow... have fun making art xx

Scrapthat said...

Oooo Awesome Wendy! Love the place setting and the art parts five panel frame!! FABULOUS!

michelle said...

Love the stamp set I have a few drama queens in training in my life just a perfect saying! Betty is a cool chick we will all need her!

Pass the place setting man 101 uses comes to mind.

Anonymous said...

I love Betty! And the cutlery is fab.

Redanne said...

Fantastic place setting BB and love Betty with her lush red lips!

Lori said...

OMG, love the silverware! Spectacular! And the restaurant coupon is FABULOUS!!!

kate blue said...

the silverware: BRILLIANT!!! and the girly with the lips is divine! Can't wait to get my grubby paws on it for a kitchen altered piece!

Tona said...

Omgosh! I just love Betty!!!
I really like the place setting too.

Debby said...

Liking what I see so far!!! Can't wait to see more!

Cim Allen said...

I love Betty's sassy look :) The utensils are A-DOR-ABLE !!! I'm loving it all

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Betty is cool..yeah she just has that ...look ..the look you know what i mean..the art parts are awesome just ordered glasses..top hat..lips and a special one i found in england on ebay..not sharing that in a swap !haha
Love your rants..that which makes you irritable in the studio..or don't copy my art haha you are so fun to read up on your face book ..your blog.congrats Wendy.susan s.

Dorothy said...

Love the stamps!!!!!
The utensils are amazing!!!
Thanks Wendy!!!

Art By Wanda said...

That lady does look good!! It's a great set of stamps!!! and the place setting is too cool!!! On my way to Ranger.

Dawn B. said...

Oh I just love these new additions! The place setting is genius! But, I must say the stamp set is a must have as well. I'm such a quote gal, and love them all!!!

Sandy Small said...

Nice!

Silverware is so everyday - of course there are places to use it! Like the stamps; although its not sassy when you ARE always right (unless someone points out you were wrong once or twice - or just possibly 3 times!).
And I can see why "Betty" fits!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! The utensils are the bomb!!! Love the stamps as well!!!!

Unknown said...

I just had to catch up on all your posts ... I've been at the Scrapbook Expo with my little buddy, Andrea. Then, spent two days with two of my sisters. Can't believe all the posts I've missed. Love the peeks and the new stamp set! Lovin' the tableware too! So stinkin' cute!

Lesley said...

Betty rocks!! She looks like an old screen siren!! And i'm loving the new liccle cutlery!

Eyeleeeen said...

I love Betty! I was just looking at my mom's high school yearbook and most all the girls had that look. Love it.
Of course, the cutlery is to die for, and the ability or willingness to cook is not necessary, LOL.

PlumTuckered's Paper Plays said...

I love Betty!!! She looks like my Mom as a teen, oh I'm going to need her for sure and the cutlery..eeeeeeek they're going to be a must have, time to make some art for my Kitchen!!

slbt17 said...

love the stamp set!
Sandra ltb

2amscrapper said...

awesome stamp set!

Jan Hennings said...

love the stamp set and the mini silverware are adorable. I recently bought a vintage set at an antique shoppe :)