here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

summer seasonal distress inks...

I wanted to show you a quick way to alter these new 
BEAUTIFUL



below they are used on a manila tag...
they were applied to the tag with the blending tool...

what bright, translucent colors...
it's a great color combo!


now here comes the secret ingredient for altering these distress colors & ANY of the distress inks...


this pad should cost $50.00...for all it does...
get it before the Ranger guys figure this out!
LOL!!!

note to self...
get a new pad to use for photos...duh! messy...



try this!
tap the snow cap pad directly onto the manila tag
 to completely cover it...

dry it with the heat-it tool...

then use the blending tool to apply mowed lawn & salty ocean to the tag...

the result is an awesome chalky looking effect...
I hope the photo shows how pretty this is...




and here's a side by side comparison...

2 different looks, 
just by adding the snow cap pigment pad to your art supplies...

 by adding the distress inks over the snow cap, 
you double your distress color choices!

like the old commercial said...
double your pleasure...
double your fun...
geez I'm old...

it's true...

look...

now for the winner of the brand spankin new

congrats to...

Anita Houston said...


I totally think these 3 new colors compliment the already fabulous Distress Ink line...wow...just when you think they can get no better. Congrats to Claudine!!!! Can't wait to see what you make with them Wendy!


please email me @ wbv1213@me.com & we'll get these off to you!

here's some BREAKING NEWS!!!

Fed-Ex delivered my new Blossom Bucket
Embellish Your Art pieces last night...

I was so excited to see them IN PERSON...
I'm flippin thrilled with how they turned out...

the details are amazing...
lots of dimension on the fronts,
 with totally flat backs for easy gluing...

we have some really fun...
really UNIQUE little embellishments so we can...

make art!
wendy
ps...I added some of the new embellishments to the tag on the right...

it's stinkin CUTE!
I'll show you just as soon as Cindy says it's OK...
right around the beginning of July...

17 comments:

Lori said...

Ooo, fab effect with the snow cap! Love it!
Congrats Anita!

Sarah said...

I love these two colors together. They epitomize summer in both sunlight and shadow.

michelle said...

I love those two colors together. I have always thought blue and green together were just perfect. These colors scream summer and I really hope Cindy changes her mind about the first of July it seems so far away!

Gabrielle said...

My new inks are winging their way to me... why didn't I order the Snow Cap too? *Slaps forehead*!!! Fab idea and great tutorial - thank you!

Eyeleeeen said...

Oh, I agree, the snow cap ink is essential...and a bottle of reinker too.
Looking forward to seeing the new embellishments.

pooky said...

Very cool effect!!! Thanks for sharng:) Congrats Anita you lucky gal:)
Bev

Redanne said...

I ordered my new colours yesterday but did not know about the snow cap - where have I been living I can hear you ask? I know now though, great result! Can't wait for the BB. A x

SusanK said...

Your white ink pad isn't icky, it's well loved! I have 2 - one to keep when I need real white, the other when I don't need a real white. Hey, do you need help sorting the new arrivals? lol

Dorothy said...

Great effect!!!
Congrats Anita!!

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Hey, Chicka, Champion of the Snow Cap White Pad, nice post. I'm totally bringing this to Ranger Nation. Make everything chalky!!

Helen said...

I can't wait to get my hands on these new inks (they're on the way,lol!). They look great and especially with the snow cap ..... thanks for always making art!!

Cim Allen said...

Congrats Anita ! I can't wait to get my hands on these colors, I don't have them yet, but I think they will be my favorites of the packs so far. Love the combo !! Have a great day Wendy :)

Karen Goulet said...

I do not have the Snow Cap ink pad yet. Thanks for the reminder Wendy! Hey, I would love some of the Blossom Bucket embellishments because they rock just like you. Any other takers out there? Karen :)

Unknown said...

Love the look of the inks with a Snow Cap base. I always forget. Gonna make a tag and add that to my Creative Chemistry 101 tags. Thanks for the reminder!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!!!! Thank you Wendy!!!

Vic said...

JULY! Are you kidding? Such a tease! Congrats to Anita.

Art By Wanda said...

Wow!! It is hard to believe it's book 7 already... seems like book 1 was just yesterday. I actually had to go count because it just didn't seem like it'd been that long since I became a Wendy fan... time sure does fly!!!