here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, June 25, 2012

from this to this continues...***edit with a sale***

I thought I'd show another "altering" 
of one of my Blossom Bucket pieces...

the photo below shows the large lacy flower...
right from the package & below it is the altered version...



here's a better look...
I painted the piece with the juniper paint dabber, making sure to get in the recessed areas...
then wiped the raised areas...
and dried the paint...

next, I lightly painted the raised areas with the gold paint dabber, then let that dry...

the finishing touch is the coffee archival pad, lightly swiped on the raised areas...
if any areas were too dark, I just wiped off the excess coffee ink with a paper towel...
and dried it...

again, this altering took about 3 minutes...
it's really pretty when you see it in person...
with a hint of the gold paint adding a bit of shimmer...


I've used this Blossom Bucket piece as a hat/hair,
 as a collar...

and here's a peek of the altered piece used on a ______...
the center is accented with a 
to add a bit more detail & dimension...


I accomplished LOTS this weekend...
that is a good thing...

some days in the studio are good & some are really good...

and some days suck, when I'm brain dead...
but we won't discuss that today...

this next peek is a VERY VERY fun project...
I . CAN. NOT. WAIT. 
to share this creation...



I LOVE it when things FIT...
here's my Blossom Bucket small bottle cap filled with 
a match made in heaven...

together they make a perfect_______...
oops...can't say just yet...


I was working on this next piece...
it was about finished...
but not quite right...
it needed a little something...
I had the idea to add a staple or 2, 
using the tiny attacher...

50+ staples later...
that's my motto...
if one is good...
50 is better...

even though art parts are very strong & sturdy...
the tiny attacher works well on them...



and I was sad when this piece was finished...

it was fun...
and a new technique was discovered...
I'll share this later...


see anything interesting?
got any ideas of what these peeks are?

happy MONDAY!
it's a perfect day to...

make art!
wendy
...EDIT...
just found out about a SALE
I thought you'd like to know...

25% OFF on tim's markers for today & Tuesday ONLY...

here's the CODE to enter at checkout...
that brings the price to an amazing...
$86.21 for all 37 yummy markers...
ps..I LOVE them & designed lots of my new stamps to use with them...
stay tuned...


23 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these new peaks! That lace flower came out awesome!

PlumTuckered's Paper Plays said...

I love the way the Flower turned out!! The sneak peeks are fabulous and I can't wait to see the full reveal!!

Gail said...

Can't wait! Everything looks awesome, especially the grunge!
Gail in Oklahoma

Jenny Marples said...

The detail you include in your pieces is amazing and I ADORE that flower!! Can't wait to see them completely. Hugs, Buttons x

Marijane said...

Amazing sneek peeks! I can't wait to see the whole projects... you completely transform your BB parts from cream colored into something completely stunning!

Anonymous said...

Great peeks! I'm loving all those staples!

Debby said...

I saw a crackled effect on one of the peeks. No clue as to what these things are. Can't wait to see them for real.

Helen said...

Great peaks today Wendy, and I love all the tiny staples, and the crackle...hmmm.

Tona said...

Holy Moly! I LOVE how that blossom bucket flower turned out.

Caz said...

That altered flower is gorgeous!!!!
Love all the sneak peeks! How many staples did you use!?!?!?!?!
Hugs
Caz

Caz said...

PS - did the Blossom Bucket winner contact you?????? just wonderin' ;-)

Kathy Eddy said...

Yum, yum! I love the new look of the flower and so little time and effort! Beautiful!

Theresa said...

Your peeks are killing me with anticipation!!! However, thanks for the sale code! I orderd my markers (THE WHOLE SET!!) just now!!! I can't wait to get them and play with them!!!!Thanks for the sale code!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Love the peeks!!! I think I see new flowers and maybe wings.

Dorothy said...

Soooo wonderful!!!

Dorothy said...

Soooo wonderful!!!

SusanK said...

I need a bigger bib to catch all the drool! Sneak peaks start VERY soon????

Dawn B. said...

Oh my! I spy new art parts and new BB??? A car? Umbrella? Oh can't wait! That is one gorgeous piece, can't wait for that new art part! :-)

Carol McCready said...

Love the peaks. Can't wait to see it all.

Gabrielle said...

Oh I love your sneak peeks! Such temptation and I'm not even sure what I'm being tempted by! Fabulous!

Nancy Wethington said...

The altered flower is my favorite EVER! Beautifully designed with all those little indents. Love this!

Lori said...

Wow! That first flower piece is just awesome! Love how the color came out! Oooo, those sneak peeks are killing me, they look so cool!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

If one is good fifty is better...for real? lol you are funny..but i am just now getting used to the staple thing..at first I just disagreed..now i am folding into it..especially after seeing this.
hugs,
susan s.