here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, June 29, 2012

4 for Friday...

try to say that 10 times...
yikes!

I get this question with every new stamp release...

"where do the ideas/inspiration come from?"

most times it's when I'm working on something, 
I think...
duh...we need a________.

or if I had this, we could use it like this...
or...

I wish I had a _____...

sometimes a specific occasion puts a little spark in my brain...

for example, if I need a card for a wedding...
or a funny one for a friend...
or if someone has accomplished something special...

these thoughts resulted in some *items* and stamps for this new release...

coming soon to a blog near you...

keep in mind that NOT every day is good in the studio...
just like every artist friend I speak with, some days there are no ideas...

there's nothing in the studio that inspires me...

nothing!

I hate it, but it happens...
it makes me crabby...
imagine that!...
but now I realize the next day WILL be better and I WILL make more art!

I bet you all can relate...

back to the new release...

 here's another HINT on new stamps...
art journaling is very popular, as are SMASH books...
I had that in mind, when designing this release...

and another...
since I'm IN LOVE with tim's new markers...
LOTS of the stamps were designed to be used with the markers...

as were some of the new art parts...
the distress markers make it so easy to add more detail to stamped art parts...

ok...
on to the peeks...

love the Blossom Bucket top hat on the ___...
is that a new art part?
or 2?

it's the perfect fit...
LOVE IT...

the top hat also fits some new art parts...
ps...and it's so cute!
wait 'til you see...


this next one is pretty obvious...

the Blossom Bucket star was painted with
 the black paint dabber...
you can also easily change it to any color with alcohol inks...




totally IN LOVE with these...
totally...



and the final one for today...
these 2 are more FAVORITES...



I'll see you back here on Monday...
that's JULY 2nd...

the day the reveals start...

I CAN NOT WAIT TO SHOW YOU my new babies!

until then...
stay cool &
make art!
wendy
PS...if you're in the Orlando area this weekend...
Ted will be at STAMPFEST...
he's got the booth LOADED with lots of rubber...
lots of accessories...
and his demos are very FUN!
pop in & give him a hug from me!


24 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Oh my! The best peeks so far! These are just incredibly exciting and I am soooo looking forward to Monday! Thank you for sharing such great pictures!!!

Dorothy said...

So looking forward to Monday!!

Lesley said...

Fabby sneak peeks!! Cannot wait until monday......soooo excited!

Annette Green said...

I love seeing Ted at StampFest Orlando each year and your beautiful samples too! Everyone oohs and ahhs over them. This will be a good excuse to hug Ted, since you gave me permission. Looking forward to more sneak peaks.

Cim Allen said...

I can't wait for Monday to finally see everything. I can't wait for the stamps that are for journaling and smashing, I love my smash books. Keep Cool Wendy .. supposed to 105 in St. Louis today .. yuck !! Happy Friday !

snazzyoriginal said...

So much temptation in one little peek!! xx

SusanK said...

Love the bits of pieces I'm seeing!

Helen said...

I love that hat!! I see my friend Gabrielle is working as hard as I am (ha ha!) Just loving today's sneak peaks. Nearly July.....

Marijane said...

Love those Blossom Bucket pieces! The peeks look awesome and I'm anticipating the reveals next week...

Debby said...

One looks like a martini glass! Cool. Waiting patiently for Monday!

sue said...

Monday really! We have to wait for a hole 3 days! You are torchering us. LOL

Redanne said...

So looking forward to Monday!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

how fun..love the star and the bee ..wonderful to get a better peek
hugs,
susan s.

Miriam said...

I get even more excited with every peek!!! Can't wait for the big reveal!!!

Eyeleeeen said...

Well I saw my martini glass again! Will wait out the heat wave inside, hopefully with an active mojo, making art.

Anonymous said...

Wow, only three more days! I can hardly wait to see it all.

Karen Goulet said...

I love it all Wendy!
Karen :)

Scrapthat said...

Very cool Wendy!
A new flower and a cool looking glass of some sort! Can't wait to see all of your new goodies....ESPECIALLY any stamps that will be faboo with my distress markers! (well Tim's, well you know what I meant! LOL)

BethW said...

Oh I'm seeing some stuff that will be so cool for Halloween!Color me happy.

Art By Wanda said...

Is that a bird??? I think it's a bird and I will HAVE to have it!!!!

Renee said...

One more day til Monday, can't wait.

Anonymous said...

These look amazing, especially the bee.

Hels Sheridan said...

I am with Wanda, is it a birdy? It sure looks like a birdy? I been away so missed out on the sneak peeks, am catching up and making up for it now cos I am clicking all the pics so I can drool even more.... is it nearly Monday yet? I CANNOT WAIT to see the collection in whole... how exciting.... love it... ALL!!!! xx

Lori said...

Geez, the new BB and art parts are killing me! Just love everything!!!!