here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, October 2, 2009

on my lunch break...

I made art!

I found this 4 1/2 inch square piece of wood in my stash...
it's about 1/4 inch thick...
I have no clue why I had it...
or where it came from...

anyway...

This time I mixed the mini jenni bowlin papers with a graphic 45 that I fell in love with...

there's that canvas heart again...
I stamped the scrolls right on the fabric with jet black archival & heat set it...

another grungepaper rose...
this time with a bit of gold paint from the dabber...
then rock candy distress stickles accents...

that stamp on the kraft cardstock is this one...
it doesn't look too cute in the package, but it is one of my fav backgrounds.

Try stamping it with coffee archival...
or olive archival on a peeled paint background...

whoever said that leaves don't have numbers? wrong!

the gold paint dabber makes a quick finishing edge...
quick...
easy...
NO MESS...
even for me!

here's the result...


and speaking of edge...
this is another simple idea that just finishes off the art...

lay your background stamp rubber side up on your table...
ink with archival ink...

then press the edge onto the stamp...
dry & ink with a coordinating distress ink to color the bare wood...
or you can use the distress ink first, then stamp as above.

it's simple to get it perfectly straight...

see...


You can also create an edge on a canvas that way too...

That's the Friday update...

I know you'll enjoy your weekend...
if you take time to...

make art!
wendy

14 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

WOW! Loving this loads..that heart is so lovely I want to go and make one myself now...and...I tidied up my Room of Stash last night...so I know where everything is...at the moment anyway LOL Have a great weekend hun xx

2amscrapper said...

Lovin' these roses, canvas stamping, and the soft colors. Thanks for the great tip on stamping edges.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is gorgeous! I don't know how you could do it in 30 minutes, though.

Chirpin Is Fun said...

I really like this one....I can't wait to play on saturday. My fingers haven't been inky for a while! Love the edge...what a great idea. And your rose is perfect, of course.

Lisa Pace said...

Gorgeous! I love the numbers on the leaves... way cool!

Debby said...

Love what you did! Will have to try the inking on the side with canvases. Thanks for the inspiration. Will be getting inky later on. Working on a scrapbook I am making from scratch of a trip I took with my daughter last year.

Anonymous said...

I am so loving your work. I'm so glad you are coming to our city to do a workshop next year and happy I could get that started. Look forward to seeing you.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous canvas Wendy - I recently bought 4 canvases and am waiting for inspiration to strike :-/ Perhaps I should just make a start and see what happens LOL
Anne (UK) xx

Unknown said...

Fabulously fabulous darling X Hope you have a good weekend too X

Tona said...

Wow! It all started with a piece of wood. Great project!! Thanks for sharing.

slbt17 said...

oh Wendy - that is beautiful!
Sandra

Art By Wanda said...

Love the canvas hearts!!! and both projects you've done with them!!! Fabulous!!!

KAT said...

Wendy - one little itty bitty week until the cruise - are you ready for us???

Suze said...

brilliant and gorgeous...like YOU !