here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, August 11, 2008

flea market finds and a few other things...

Rick has his horses...I have my art, but the one thing we both really enjoy is the hunt for vintage things. Yesterday we took a road trip and I found these cool things...




The black box is a big steel HEAVY old mailbox. When I looked @ it...I just knew these guys would be the perfect fit...


HA!...I do have a good eye for sizes...So...this has a place now in my studio & is very convenient for storing tim's stamps. And look...

I even have room in there for his new releases. I LOVE it when things work as planned...

Why the #5??? For some odd reason, that number just appeals to me...I have collected quite a few...

Rick collects Starved Rock State park items. He worked there for 30 years & retired from there when he turned 50, a few years ago. We rarely find things for him, but yesterday he got 3 cool items. To say the least...he was thrilled...

We had a very fun outing & then a great dinner. No cooking...no clean up. Works for me!!

Just a reminder for those who ask questions. I read every comment & try to reply to the person who asked the question. However...if you don't give me a way to find you..I can't answer. If you don't have a blogger profile, that's just fine.

NO PROBLEM...

BUT...if you have a question that you'd like me to answer...please send it right to my email. That way I have a way to contact you and you will get an answer to your question. The link is on the right sidebar... THANKS!!

So...for Lori...the class scheduled @ Scrapadoodle in Peoria in September is the Ranger Distress Ink technique class. Since it's my first time @ the store, we decided to get everyone familiar with the inks & tools & how to use them. I use these inks for every class I teach, so that helps everyone with the classes that are scheduled in the future.

Normally I try not to talk about sad things on my blog...but this made me feel so bad. My brother called last night to say that a very good friend of his died. 55 years old...no known health issues...just fell over & died. My brother is devastated...

The moral of the story here??

ENJOY EVERY DAY.

No matter how busy life gets...take at least a few minutes each day for fun. Life is so fragile & short... this certainly was a reminder.............

So with that thought...I'm headed to studio 490!
Make it a GOOD one!!
wendy

3 comments:

borcherding said...

WOOHOO!! Total SCORE! :-)

D's Paper Studio said...

You have a great eye for possiblities!

I'm sorry about your brother's friend. I decided to live life and love every moment of it. I don't have time to play at it and maybe watch it work. I make it work for me. That sounds selfish, but in reality it is freeing. Dream with your Eyes Wide Open!

Linda M. Cain said...

Very NICE! And works so well in your studio theme....black!
Linda