here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, June 27, 2008

A GOOD report and a CHA project peek...

We just got back from the eye surgeon & Rick is released back to NORMAL life! YIPPEE. There's only one small issue...the pressure is still a little high in his eye, so we'll get that rechecked again in a month. He is like a kid @ Christmas, just wanting his horses back home. I'm happy that he can resume his hubby duties & help me again with the wife stuff too, since these next few weeks are VERY busy here.

So...if you ever have major eye problems, we highly recommend DR. PETE LAGOUROS, from the Illinois Eye Institute, in Peoria, Illinois. I told him I'd give him a plug on my blog. GREAT guy, who did an excellent job for Rick!

Back to the business of art...

Here's what the whole large layer book looks like. This is one of my assignments for Maya Road, for display in their CHA booth. This is my favorite project...so far.



And here's a look @ the cover. I used Ranger's black crackle paint on Maya Road's chipboard letters & numbers. Then after it was dry & cracked, I inserted tim's tonic pick into the crackle & pried some off down to the chipboard. Then I added a big dose of vintage photo distress ink to make it look like old rusty metal.
FUN STUFF!


Ok...break is over. Time for some arting.
Have a GREAT weekend!
wendy

4 comments:

borcherding said...

WOOHOO I am first!! GREAT news about Rick. I bet he is one happy, happy camper!! Now, that book looks GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Your art always amazes me!! Have a wonderful weekend!! I'm gonna do my best to CREATE!! :-)

Linda M. Cain said...

TGIF and TGROK! You know the first, the second is "Thank God Rick's OK"! WHoo! Hoo! Get out that vacumn cleaner and get goin', boy! I'll bet the horses will be so glad to come home so you can spoil them!

Life is good!
Linda and Bill

p.s. Way cool book Wendy! Love it!

D's Paper Studio said...

Good News about Rick. congrats!

Your projects are going great. I can't wait to see them in person at CHA.

Rachel Greig said...

Great book! Great news about Rick! Great that it's Friday (well... it's Saturday here already) and it's a great weekend! :)