here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, December 7, 2007

2 Shopping tips!


Here are my tips of the day! Instead of buying the large acrylic blocks that are used for cling & acrylic stamps, visit JoAnn's, use a coupon & get these quilters squares. The name brand giant size blocks that I've seen, sell for between $16 & $20. YIKES! This 6 inch square sells for $3 after the coupon. The advantages?? The grid lines for easy placement of stamps. It's sooo easy to line up alphabets or multiples on them. Then, when your stamps are perfectly aligned, use the grid lines on your card edge for a perfectly straight image every time. JoAnn's sells 2 brands & the only difference is the color of the lines & the price. This one is called EASY SQUARE JUNIOR. The other is Omnigrid & is double the price. So...save $$ on the acrylic...more $$$ for chipboard & stamps!! That's how it works in my mind...agree??

And another recent shopping find. Beacon's FELT glue. It's a GREAT product. I got it @ Michael's for $3. It does not seep into the fabric & holds really well. I used some yesterday on Maya Road Ric Rac , felt & the Velvet blossoms & I LOVED it!

And the final thought..Obviously I'm a slow learner. We wasted 3 hours last night watching the BEARS look like fools AGAIN! Oh well...I'll survive....I still have my STAMPS!!

Have a GREAT weekend.
BUY STAMPS!
Wendy
ps...edited...to answer several emails asking about Maya Road & why there have been no photos. SORRY!! Top secret stuff. I've been working away at least 10 hours a day making MR samples for CHA, but...no sneak peeks are allowed...I'd be fired! Just as soon as I get the OK, I'll post them here. My guess is early February or possibly late January. Thanks for asking! WAYYYYY cool stuff is coming...............HA!

9 comments:

Sunnymommie said...

great tip!!! thanks!

Margie Higuchi said...

Between you & Tim, I swear I'm going to file for chapter 11! LOL! Burning the midnight oil here too for CHA-Winter! It's that time of season but isn't it fun?!

Rachel Greig said...

Love your shopping tips :) Can't wait to see your MR projects!!

Unknown said...

Was just at the stamp store AGAIN today to stock up a few "essentials" for the weekend--weather will be crappy so I can play!!! I'm gonna have to get a part-time job to pay for my "habit"! Have a great weekend.

Linda M. Cain said...

Great tips! The only good thing about midwest winter is that you can use it as an excuse not to go anywhere....just stay home and stamp!
Linda

jillconyers said...

great tips. added find quilters squares to my weekend to-do list.

can't wait to see your MR projects :)

Lisa Pace said...

Great tips! I am so going to get one of the quilters squares. I need all the help I can get stamping. Also gonna get some of that glue...

Thanks!

Michelle McGee said...

Great idea, Wendy!

Sarah Coggins said...

Wonderful idea about using the quilters squares for acrylic stamping. Have the lines will make it easier to place stamps. And, of course, I always love ideas that save me $$. :) tfs!